Wednesday, May 12, 2010

The Question

When I was a baby my dreams were reality,

The womb cast me forth and all was love.

When I was a child my reality became a dream;

I was torn from the womb and the world became

A confusing movie with someone pretending

To be my mother.

When I was made a boy my reality became a

Nightmare and I tried to find a stable

Place to stand. I only found it in my mind,

And I could no longer feel my body.

When I became a man I was running from

Stage to stage trying to find the right role, but

The lines never felt real.

When I broke through the thin veil, peeled away

The armor and awoke from the dream, I knew

I was Emily And the ground became solid, the

Dream became real and the answers woke up to

Settle into the soft arms of

The question.


No comments:

Post a Comment