Saturday, July 10, 2010

Correct Me if I'm Wrong

Correct me if I’m wrong,
But didn’t I walk this way 
Just yesterday, when the
Sky was a blue and the 
Birds chirping just
As cheerily while my mind
Wandered other paths?
I know the leaves were 
Dancing lightly and the
Hop scotch game partially
Erased because I
Saw them out of the 
Corner of my eye.
I do know I remember that.
But my mind was on other 
Streets.  Streets where
Worries whisper to each other
Watching furtively to make
Sure they’re not being
Left behind, and Wishes
Dance in schools like silver
Fishes, flashing in the sun to
Keep captive my eye.
Streets where lost moments
Congregate, searching for the 
Right path into this moment.
But the sky and birds and leaves
Have the present, and those
Other streets stay in a town
Not far enough away to
Keep me from being divided.

No comments:

Post a Comment